Skip to main content

AUTHOR'S INTERVIEW : A KIND OF COMMITMENT BY PRATIBHA MALAV



























QUESTIONNAIRE :


Q-1) when did you first realize you wanted to be a writer ?

ANS: Well, it happened way back when I was in 12th standard. I never planned life. Things go unpredictable with me. I wanted to be an engineer when I was in 7th grade. I wanted to be a doctor when I was in 9th grade. Such uncertain life!  I just wanted to do something that brings spark in life. I wrote my first poem when I was in 8th grade. It didn’t stop since then, and as I grew up, the dream of becoming a published author also kept growing up.



Q-2) when did you write your first book and how old were you ?

ANS: I wrote my first book in between March and May (2016), a manuscript which never got released. No regrets! I was 19 that time. My first published novel is A KIND OF COMMITMENT which came in market in August 2017 , was written between November 2016 and February 2017. I’ve also worked in an anthology with Omji Publication house.

Q-3) what was the most surprising thing you learned in creating your books ?
      ANS: Writing is a form of madness. It’s like meditation. Things which don’t actually happen, characters which don’t exist in real world… you give them a life through your words. Most surprising thing I learned in creating my books is… it gives me unexpected sight. Writing helps you to rediscover the creative side of yourself.
   
     Q-4) How many book you have written ? Which is your favourite ?
     
     ANS: A KIND OF COMMITMENT is my only published book till now. I’m planning to start my next book soon. A Kind Of Commitment was an immature experience. I knew nothing about literature world, had no friends who were into writing. I struggled to make my space here. It took an awful lot of time but it was worth it. AKOC was released on 18th August, 2017. AKOC is and will always be close to my heart, because this book has changed me completely as a person, and definitely, for the better.  AKOC is all about few regrets, commitments and madness to gain the ultimate. 
     
     Q-5) Do you have any suggestions to help any budding writer become a better writer ? If so, what are they ?
     
      ANS: Thanks for the question. Many people ask me “I want to be a writer but I don’t know how to start.” For an impatience person like me, my suggestion to every aspiring writer is to keep patience. You’ll hear it from anybody in the industry. Trust yourself. Don’t write to make money or to be popular. Write for yourself. Write if it brings you joy. 

     Q-6) Do you hear from your readers much ? What kind of things do they say ?
    
       ANS:  It feels good when your readers appreciate you for your work. My readers have been very kind to me. Writing has given me a huge family on social media and I’m grateful to them. I’m 21 and I don’t think I’ve done enough things to be that old. My only aim for now is to bring more good stuff for my readers in form of my second book. 

      Q-7) Tell us something about your newly released novel/book ?
    
       ANS: My only released book is A KIND OF COMMITMENT. AKOC is a story of a young girl who has a dream of becoming a photographer known by all. Many ups and downs come in her life. Love happens, break-up happens, love happens again, she loses it again… and in the end when her life completely goes out of control, she just takes a deep breath and fuck off with this belief that every ending brings you a new beginning.



       AKOC is a romance book. It was recently declared as the grand winner of Reader’s Choice Awards 2018. My next book TRG (won’t reveal the title before its completion) is going to be completely different from the first one.  I’m planning to get it published by next December. (fingers crossed)

       Q-8) What do you think makes a good story ?

   
ANS: What makes a good story? In my opinion, a heart filled with passion! A good story is about something which keeps your readers engaged. But in order to keep your readers happy, you can’t force yourself to write. Sometimes it takes half an hour over four lines and sometimes, nothing at all. Writing comes from within. There are many other important key elements to make a good story such as characters, plot, storyline, genre… But if you don’t have fire in your heart for it, you can’t do it.

INTERVIEWED BY:
MR.SUMAN PANDA
TEAM BOOK RACKOON

















          

   



 













 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN A BRIEF DISCUSSION WITH AUTHOR ABU SIDDIK

Bio: Abu Siddik, Assistant Professor at the Department of English, Falakata College, West Bengal, is also a Guest Faculty at the Department of English, Cooch Behar Panchanan Barma University, West Bengal, India. He did his Ph. D. on William Faulkner from Vidyasagar University. He has published several articles of merit on subaltern and cultural studies. He is the editor of Representation of the Marginalized in Indian writings in English (2014). His areas of interest include American Literature, Postcolonial Literature, Cultural Studies, Subaltern Studies, and Literary and Cultural Theories. He is presently working on a project entitled “Representations of Bengali Muslims as Marginals: A Study of Select Cultural Texts and Daily lived Experiences”.He has edited Representation of the Marginalized in Indian Writings in English (2015). He is the author of Misfit Parents in Faulkner’s Select Texts (2015), Banglar Musolman (2018). His short fictions and poems appea

AUTHOR'S INTERVIEW: SAFAR RISHTON KA BY PRAHALAD NARAYAN MATHUR

              AUTHOR'S BIO : I, Prahlad narayan mathur, retired as Deputy Manager from The Oriental Insurance company is writer of social reform Hindi Poetry book SAFAR RISTEON KA ' सफर रिश्तों का '. It is my hobby to write on social issues but due to my service commitment, I could not spare myself to publish books hence after retirement I become active and I wrote and published my first hindi poetry book ' सफर रिश्तों का ' (SAFAR RISTEON KA) which is available in all over the world online through Notion Press Chennai (India), amazon, Kobo and Google play etc. I am proud of to be the resident of Ajmer (India) which is the holy place of Hindu and Muslims both. It is my motto and aim to keep on the torch on social evils and try to give message to the youngsters to rebuild the due respects to parents relatives and to society. QUESTIONNAIRE : 1) When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer ? ANS: It was my hobby to writ

Author's Interview: "Love Birds" by Satyam Kapoor

About Author: _________________________________________ Satyam prem, a Banker by profession but writer and poet by heart is a bilingual author who writes in Hindi and English. He was born in Kanpur city of Uttar pradesh in 1984 . Born and brought up in a middle class family ,he had to quit his studies after intermediate to join his father's job at an early age of 19 due to sudden and untimely demise of his father. He completed his graduation through correspondence studies with English literature as one of the subject in graduation. He is a renowned name on facebook. He often posts his stories ,poems ,translations on contemporary and vivid topics on his facebook wall. Love Birds is his debut Novel which was originally written in hindi as " Ishk wale panne", then on insistence of his non hindi speaking friends he reproduced the Novel in English. The theme of the Novel revolves around Shivansh, a young boy who paasing through the arduous path of Love, Lust an