Skip to main content

AUTHOR'S INTERVIEW: LIFE IS WHAT MATTERS : IT'S TIME TO BE HAPPY AGAIN BY ALKA DIXIT


Author's bio:

Dr. Alka Dixit

Dr. Alka Dixit did her MBBS from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur and completed her MD in Pathology from MLB Medical College, Jhansi.
She did her Senior Residency from UCMS & GTB Hospital, Delhi.
She is an avid reader, academician and writer and has written many Scientific publications and articles.  
She taught in various medical schools from the year 2000 till date and during her career as faculty, she learned that she is really blessed to teach and transform those minds, who can transform the world in a much better place to live.
‘Life is what matters’ is her first book.


Questionnaire:


1) When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer ?
Ans: I realized long ago that I wanted to write a book. However, I took it seriously in 2015 and then started writing my first book.

2) How long does it take you to write a book ?
Ans: It took me around two years to write my debut book.

3) What is your work schedule when you are writing ?
Ans: There is no fix schedule but I do lot of writing in morning and evening hours. (When no one is at home :D)

4) What would you say is your interesting writing quirk ?
Ans: During writing my book I felt many times that it was not me who was writing but some divine power held my hand and took me through the path of writing. I don’t know if it happens with other writers too but I experienced that often.

5) Where do you get your information or ideas for your books ?
Ans: LIWM took shape from my life experiences as well as experiences of other people around me. However I also did lot of research wherever it was needed and references for the same are there in the end of the book.

6) What do you like to do when you're not writing ?
Ans: I love singing, listening music, travelling and reading besides writing.

7) Tell us something about your novel/book ?
Ans: LIWM is a self-help book based on life experiences as well as on research. The book conveys the idea of valuing of life because we live only once. It also deals with day to day problems of today’s youth and provide them easy and simplest solutions. In simpler words this is a book you will love during your tough time because it is full of positive anecdotes which make your life happy and fulfilled. 

And,

8) What one of the most surprising thing you learned in creating your books ?
Ans: The most surprising and difficult part was getting a publisher. Though I consider myself fortunate enough to be published by Srishti Publishers but before that I too face lot of rejections from bigwigs of the publishing world.

Link to buy :

https://www.amazon.in/Life-What-Matters-Happy-again/dp/9387022188/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1548277309&sr=8-1&keywords=ALKA+DIXIT+BOOK

INTERVIEWED BY:
TEAM BOOK RACKOON
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN A BRIEF DISCUSSION WITH AUTHOR ABU SIDDIK

Bio: Abu Siddik, Assistant Professor at the Department of English, Falakata College, West Bengal, is also a Guest Faculty at the Department of English, Cooch Behar Panchanan Barma University, West Bengal, India. He did his Ph. D. on William Faulkner from Vidyasagar University. He has published several articles of merit on subaltern and cultural studies. He is the editor of Representation of the Marginalized in Indian writings in English (2014). His areas of interest include American Literature, Postcolonial Literature, Cultural Studies, Subaltern Studies, and Literary and Cultural Theories. He is presently working on a project entitled “Representations of Bengali Muslims as Marginals: A Study of Select Cultural Texts and Daily lived Experiences”.He has edited Representation of the Marginalized in Indian Writings in English (2015). He is the author of Misfit Parents in Faulkner’s Select Texts (2015), Banglar Musolman (2018). His short fictions and poems appea

AUTHOR'S INTERVIEW: SAFAR RISHTON KA BY PRAHALAD NARAYAN MATHUR

              AUTHOR'S BIO : I, Prahlad narayan mathur, retired as Deputy Manager from The Oriental Insurance company is writer of social reform Hindi Poetry book SAFAR RISTEON KA ' सफर रिश्तों का '. It is my hobby to write on social issues but due to my service commitment, I could not spare myself to publish books hence after retirement I become active and I wrote and published my first hindi poetry book ' सफर रिश्तों का ' (SAFAR RISTEON KA) which is available in all over the world online through Notion Press Chennai (India), amazon, Kobo and Google play etc. I am proud of to be the resident of Ajmer (India) which is the holy place of Hindu and Muslims both. It is my motto and aim to keep on the torch on social evils and try to give message to the youngsters to rebuild the due respects to parents relatives and to society. QUESTIONNAIRE : 1) When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer ? ANS: It was my hobby to writ

AUTHOR'S INTERVIEW: NUPUR SANDHU

AUTHOR'S BIO: An author of two books, "18 Real Life Stories Of Great Valour and Bravery" and "Vinegar and Honey For Perfect Harmony" and one audio book "Bharat Ke Bahadur Bachche",  award winning film-maker of three short films those were accloded at different  International and National film festivals. Nupur epitomizes the modern woman who dons many hats. A mother, a wife, a Serenity Surrender Therapist who is also registered with  Livelovelaughfoundation of mental health for Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir. Charter President of Rotary Club. Volunteered four international camps. Nupur plays each one of the role to perfection. A playwright who lives to write about the burning issues faced by the present day society her play Inhershoes; a journey within based on body shaming was staged in six states including KalaGhodaArtFestival, Mumbai . Her paper "Face The Face Beneath The Face" was published in International Journa