Skip to main content

AUTHOR'S INTERVIEW: BOL BACHCHAN BY MR. RUPESH DUBEY

AUTHOR'S BIO:

Born and brought up in Raipur (Chhattisgarh) I have been a reader since childhood. And as they say every reader has a dormant writer inside him. For 18 long years I worked in the corporate world in the telecom sector and worked in companies like Idea Cellular, Tata Teleservices and Bharti Airtel. I started my career as a junior officer and ended it as an AGM in the Essel group. Primarily I worked in the customer service division with a short stint in sales. BOL BACHCHAN published in January 2019 by Rajpal & Sons is my first book. I have left my job and today I am a motivational speaker and a trainer who is a faculty at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Raipur branch.. I run my own academy as well for English classes.



QUESTIONNAIRE:


1) When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer ?
     Ans. Well the realization was there since my early twenties and now I am in my early forties so this desire did exist but for almost two decades it remained dormant. It remained a wish and I never attempted any piece of writing. The only writing that I did with some regularity was my diary writing which I started when I was sixteen.

2) How long does it take you to write a book ?
    Ans. My recently published book is actually the second book I started to write. My book is motivational nonfiction which revolves around the cinema and struggles of Mr.Amitabh Bachchan. I have been following him and his cinema since the last 35 years. So unconsciously in some way or the other the writing material was getting accumulated inside me for all those years. That is why this book took me just 30 days to complete. But that is one side of the story. The first book that I started to write is still a work in progress. It has taken me 4 years to complete and that too as just a first draft in English. I think I will have to revise it twice more and then write in Hindi as well because I want to always write my every creation in both Hindi and English. It took me so long because the subject that I have chosen required me to do a lot of research.  In a nut shell I can say that if I am well versed with the topic that I am writing it should not take more than six months to complete the writing part of a 300 page book in one language.

3) What is your work schedule when you are writing ?
     Ans. Right now I do not have any fixed writing schedule. I aspire to become a writer who writes one thousand words on a daily basis diligently. I think for a personality like me the daily discipline will yield a much better result.




4) What would you say is your interesting writing quirk ?
Ans. I keep a small pocket diary with me so that in case if any interesting idea hits me I can immediately write it down. The diary becomes helpful to note down certain observations that I making while I am outside interacting with people or just moving around.

5) Where do you get your information or ideas for your books ?
Ans. From reading. I read a lot of nonfiction and I think reading them is the best source of new ideas. My first novel which is a work in progress is inspired by a newspaper headline.

6) What do you like to do when you're not writing ?
Ans. Read, Read and read. I am a firm believer in the maxim that ‘the more you read the better you write.’ I am a bollywood buff with a more than keen interest in Cricket and Politics. In this sense I am a quintessential Indian who is interested in Cinema, Cricket and politics.

7) Tell us something about your novel/book ?
Ans. As mentioned earlier my book is motivational nonfiction. It is in Hindi and titled BOL BACHCHAN.  In the plethora of motivational self help available my book is different because I have tried to mix education with entertainment. Main stream Hindi cinema or bollywood as it is called is not looked up to by the intellectual circle. What I have done with this book is that I have tried to find message and motivation in the commercial cinema of Amitabh Bachchan. His memorable dialogues like ‘ Aaj khush to bahut hoge tum’, memorable songs like ‘Mai pal do pal ka shayar hoon’ and name of his films like ‘ Do aur Do Panch’ form the chapter titles of my book. My book consist of 18 such chapters and the title of each chapter has been lifted from songs, dialogues and films of Amitabh Bachchan and hence the name BOL BACHCHAN. The book also talks about the struggles that he had to go through in his illustrious career but still it is not his biography. He is the axis around which my book revolves. I am fortunate that the book has been published by a top notch Hindi publisher Rajpal & Sons who are in the publishing business for the last 106 years. The book was launched on the 10th of January at the Delhi world book fair and the initial response of the readers is quite heartening. The book is a good read not only for those who want to read a self help book or for those who are Bachchan buffs but it is also a good read for all those who wants to read a book just for the joy of reading.

And, 

8) What one of the most surprising thing you learned in creating your books ?
Ans. Writing is enriching. For my novel that is a work in progress I have read around 2 dozen books as part of my research so irrespective of the fate of my novel I am already enriched by reading those 2 dozen books. My knowledge on a particular subject matter has increased immensely. And the joy people express after reading your work is very satisfying. Though my book BOL BACHCHAN got published only a couple of weeks ago I have started getting feedbacks. One of the readers commented that he is so overjoyed after reading my book that he is recommending it to everyone he his meeting off late. One of the readers, a retired government servant commented that had he read BOL BACHCHAN while he was in active service he could have done better in his job as the content is so inspiring. I believed in my idea and I am happy that it is resonating so well with the readers.


 LINK TO BUY:

https://www.amazon.in/Bol-Bachchan-Rupesh-Dubey/dp/9386534770/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549276484&sr=8-1&keywords=rupesh+dubey+books


INTERVIEWED BY:
TEAM BOOK RACKOON 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN A BRIEF DISCUSSION WITH AUTHOR ABU SIDDIK

Bio: Abu Siddik, Assistant Professor at the Department of English, Falakata College, West Bengal, is also a Guest Faculty at the Department of English, Cooch Behar Panchanan Barma University, West Bengal, India. He did his Ph. D. on William Faulkner from Vidyasagar University. He has published several articles of merit on subaltern and cultural studies. He is the editor of Representation of the Marginalized in Indian writings in English (2014). His areas of interest include American Literature, Postcolonial Literature, Cultural Studies, Subaltern Studies, and Literary and Cultural Theories. He is presently working on a project entitled “Representations of Bengali Muslims as Marginals: A Study of Select Cultural Texts and Daily lived Experiences”.He has edited Representation of the Marginalized in Indian Writings in English (2015). He is the author of Misfit Parents in Faulkner’s Select Texts (2015), Banglar Musolman (2018). His short fictions and poems appea

AUTHOR'S INTERVIEW: SAFAR RISHTON KA BY PRAHALAD NARAYAN MATHUR

              AUTHOR'S BIO : I, Prahlad narayan mathur, retired as Deputy Manager from The Oriental Insurance company is writer of social reform Hindi Poetry book SAFAR RISTEON KA ' सफर रिश्तों का '. It is my hobby to write on social issues but due to my service commitment, I could not spare myself to publish books hence after retirement I become active and I wrote and published my first hindi poetry book ' सफर रिश्तों का ' (SAFAR RISTEON KA) which is available in all over the world online through Notion Press Chennai (India), amazon, Kobo and Google play etc. I am proud of to be the resident of Ajmer (India) which is the holy place of Hindu and Muslims both. It is my motto and aim to keep on the torch on social evils and try to give message to the youngsters to rebuild the due respects to parents relatives and to society. QUESTIONNAIRE : 1) When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer ? ANS: It was my hobby to writ

AUTHOR'S INTERVIEW: NUPUR SANDHU

AUTHOR'S BIO: An author of two books, "18 Real Life Stories Of Great Valour and Bravery" and "Vinegar and Honey For Perfect Harmony" and one audio book "Bharat Ke Bahadur Bachche",  award winning film-maker of three short films those were accloded at different  International and National film festivals. Nupur epitomizes the modern woman who dons many hats. A mother, a wife, a Serenity Surrender Therapist who is also registered with  Livelovelaughfoundation of mental health for Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir. Charter President of Rotary Club. Volunteered four international camps. Nupur plays each one of the role to perfection. A playwright who lives to write about the burning issues faced by the present day society her play Inhershoes; a journey within based on body shaming was staged in six states including KalaGhodaArtFestival, Mumbai . Her paper "Face The Face Beneath The Face" was published in International Journa